Starting to think about the year’s loon nesting season, and just want everyone to know we still need volunteers to put out buoys, nesting rafts, and monitor lakes with nesting loons in Northern Michigan. Please reply here or contact me via email listed on this site if you’re interested. Also need to know who needs more buoys, rafts, etc…to help manage and protect your lake’s loons.

Advertisements

About Jeff Lange

Michigan LoonWatch Area Coordinator, LoonCorps Northern Michigan, Wildlife Filmmaker.

7 responses »

1. Herm Boatin says:

I will continue to monitor the Indian River spreads and the Pigeon River delta.

2. Ron Pool says:

Jeff, nice looking raft. Looks like an easier build. Where does insulation/flotation board come from? I’ll take care of installing the Round lake rafts and bouy. Have a good rest of your winter.Ron & Lori Pool

3. Anonymous says:

Jeff,
    I’ll be putting out one raft in the cove on Crooked so I have an extra one available.

4. Karen Rusniak says:

Beth Stewart , Anita Kornfield and I, Karen Rusniak, will continue to put our loon raft out in Stoney Point cove on Crooked Lake for the 2019 season. I hope everyone else will continue Jeff’s vision as well, to protect and help the loons flourish for the future.

5. Karen Rusniak says:

If there is anyone who needs assistance in repairing their loon raft, I, Karen Rusniak or Beth Stewart will help in any way we can. Beth will be out of town for 2 1/2 weeks starting Tuesday, April, 23, 2019. Hopefully, the ice has receded enough to place our raft this week! Contact me at northernnaturegirl@yahoo.com. Thanks!…….Karen

6. Karen Rusniak/Beth Stewart says:

Hoping Jeff’s dream continues with all of you! Our loons have returned to the nest at Stoney Point Cove on Crooked Lake, Petoskey!!! For the 2019 season!